I’ve got some exciting news to share today!

My Deep Learning for Computer Vision with Python Kickstarter campaign is set to launch in exactly one week on Wednesday, January 18th at 10AM EST.

dl_ks_header_ks

This book has only goal — to help developers, researchers, and students just like yourself become experts in deep learning for image recognition and classification.

Whether this is the first time you’ve worked with machine learning and neural, networks or you’re already a seasoned deep learning practitionerDeep Learning for Computer Vision with Python is engineered from the ground up to help you reach expert status.

Inside this book you’ll find:

• Super practical walkthroughs that present solutions to actual, real-world image classification problems, challenges, and competitions.
  • Hands-on tutorials (with lots of code) that not only show you the algorithms behind deep learning for computer vision, but their implementations as well.
  • A no-bullshit teaching style that is guaranteed to cut through all the cruft and help you master deep learning for image understanding and visual recognition.

As a heads up, over the next 7 days I’ll be posting a few more announcements that you won’t want to miss, including:

Thursday, January 12th:

A sneak preview of the Kickstarter campaign, including a demo video of what you’ll find inside the book.

Friday, January 13th:

The Table of Contents for Deep Learning for Computer Vision with Python. This book is extensive, covering the basics of deep learning all the way up to training large-scale networks on the massive ImageNet dataset. You won’t want to miss this list!

Monday, January 16th:

The full list of Kickstarter rewards (including early bird discounts) so you can plan ahead for which reward you want when the Kickstarter launches.

won’t be posting this list publicly — this reward list is only for PyImageSearch readers who are part of the PyImageSearch Newsletter.

Tuesday, January 17th:

Please keep in mind that this book is already getting a lot of attention, so there will be multiple people in line for each reward level when the Kickstarter campaign launches on Wednesday the 18th. To help ensure you get the reward you want, I’ll be sharing tips and tricks you can use to ensure you’re first in line.

Again, I won’t be posting this publicly either. Make sure you signup for the PyImageSearch Newsletter to receive these tips and tricks to ensure you’re at the front of the line.

Wednesday, January 18th:

The Kickstarter campaign link that you can use to claim your copy of Deep Learning for Computer Vision with Python.

To be notified when these announcements go live, be sure to signup for the Kickstarter notification list!

26 Responses to My Deep Learning Kickstarter will go live on Wednesday, January 18th at 10AM EST

1. Amer*88 January 11, 2017 at 8:02 pm #

Hi Sir
    I just wondering this book will be with image processing or computer vision?

• Adrian Rosebrock January 12, 2017 at 7:56 am #

The primary focus of the book will be on how to apply deep learning to computer vision tasks such as image classification, object detection, etc.

• Amer*88 January 12, 2017 at 4:04 pm #

2. Ranjith Dinakaran January 12, 2017 at 7:42 am #

Hi
    I like to enroll for Deep Learning for Computer Vision with Python

• Adrian Rosebrock January 12, 2017 at 7:52 am #

Hey Ranjith — The Kickstarter campaign is set to launch on January 18th. From there you’ll be able to back/support the project. Let me know if you have any other questions!

3. Tom Clark January 12, 2017 at 10:46 am #

I eagerly look forward to the Kickstarter campaign and the opportunity to be a part.

• Adrian Rosebrock January 12, 2017 at 1:44 pm #

Thanks Tom, it will be a pleasure to have you a part of the campaign 🙂

4. Franz Boehmann January 12, 2017 at 4:28 pm #

I’m looking forward to the 18th. and did some Advertising on Twitter and Instagram. Good Luck.

• Adrian Rosebrock January 13, 2017 at 8:38 am #

Thank you for your help and support Franz, I really appreciate it.

5. Don Gabriel January 13, 2017 at 6:21 pm #

Good stuff!!! Thank you again, Adrian! 🙂

• Adrian Rosebrock January 15, 2017 at 12:08 pm #

Thanks Don!

6. Horelvis January 15, 2017 at 6:28 am #

This looks good! I am very enthusiastic with your new book, you can count on me

• Adrian Rosebrock January 15, 2017 at 12:02 pm #

Thank you for the support Horelvis, I appreciate it! 🙂

7. Siddharth January 15, 2017 at 12:59 pm #

How can i avail this new book?

• Adrian Rosebrock January 16, 2017 at 8:14 am #

Hey Siddharth — I’ll be posting the link to back the Kickstarter campaign on Wednesday, January 18th at 10AM EST. If you are also on the PyImageSearch email list you’ll receive an email notification when the Kickstarter goes live as well.

8. Shaunak De January 16, 2017 at 12:06 pm #

Can’t wait. I’m all ready with my credit card to back you! Haha!

• Adrian Rosebrock January 16, 2017 at 1:57 pm #

Thank you for all the support! Have a great day my friend. 🙂

9. RAJASEKHAR January 16, 2017 at 12:48 pm #

I saw your video abut Kickstarter campaign I am very happy for your books me and my friends are waiting for Jan 18th , please iam little bit confused Please give some suggestions according 3bundles and I am very interested to learn deep learning but I am beginner which bundle that you suggest

• Adrian Rosebrock January 16, 2017 at 1:56 pm #

If you are just getting started with deep learning and simply want to understand the basics of neural networks and deep learning, go with the Starter Bundle. If you want a more in-depth dive and study more advanced concepts, go with the Practitioner Bundle. If you want the complete package, go with the ImageNet Bundle.

10. cing January 16, 2017 at 7:48 pm #

What are the tools and minimum computer spec requirements for implementing the techniques?

• Adrian Rosebrock January 17, 2017 at 8:46 am #

It depends on which bundle you go with. All examples in the Starter Bundle are intended to work with your CPU (although a GPU can certainly speed up training). The majority of the examples in the Practitioner Bundle will work with a CPU as well, although you should ideally be using the GPU since training times will increase dramatically. For the ImageNet Bundle, a GPU is absolutely required, ideally one with 8-12GB of memory. Multiple GPUs would also be preferred for the ImageNet Bundle.

11. Leena January 16, 2017 at 11:28 pm #

Waiting for Wednesday, January 18th at 10AM EST…………..

• Adrian Rosebrock January 17, 2017 at 8:45 am #

It will be a pleasure to have you on the Kickstarter backer list, Leena! Let me know if you have any questions.

12. shankar January 18, 2017 at 2:43 am #

Congratulations Adrian! Waiting for the link

• Adrian Rosebrock January 18, 2017 at 7:08 am #

Thanks Shankar, only a few more hours to go now!

1. Table of Contents: Deep Learning for Computer Vision with Python - PyImageSearch - January 13, 2017

[…] A couple of days ago I mentioned that on Wednesday, January 18th at 10AM EST I am launching a Kickstarter to fund my new book — Deep Learning for Computer Vision with Python. […]